OCR A Level Economics
The A level in Economics course consists of three mandatory components, focusing on microeconomics, macroeconomics and themes in economics. The course has been designed to help you:
- develop an interest in and enthusiasm for the subject
- appreciate the contribution of economics to the understanding of the wider economic and social environment
- develop an understanding of a range of concepts and an ability to use those concepts in a variety of different contexts
- use an enquiring, critical and thoughtful approach to the study of economics and develop an ability to think as an economist
- understand that economic behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- develop analytical and quantitative skills, together with qualities and attitudes which will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life.
What have students who have taken this course in the past progressed to?
Economics is an established academic subject and, as such, provides an excellent base for progression into higher education. Economists are highly sought after – in fact economists are in the top 5 most highly paid graduates.